Our foremost goal is to advocate for the preservation, expansion and strengthening of HIV prevention, care, treatment, support and education services in South Carolina as well as the advancement of civil and human rights for people affected by HIV/AIDS.
We pursue our goals by working on the following objectives:
- Determine annual policy priorities.
- Monitoring and influencing public policy concerning persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Develop and implement HIV/AIDS advocacy strategies.
- Raise public awareness of HIV/AIDS issues within South Carolina.
- Inform elected and appointed officials and other key decision makers, the general public, and fellow Task Force members about needed HIV/AIDS state policy.
- Conduct an annual legislative action event at our State Capitol.
- Develop and implement plans to increase Task Force membership that embraces the diversity within our state and is representative of South Carolinians living with HIV/AIDS.